Friday, October 17, 2008

Cancer is GONE!

Still rocking the male-pattern
baldness look. Thinking of
going as George Costanza
or John McCain for Halloween.

Cancer is GONE! Heard from my radiation oncologist yesterday, and she says I don't have to have my tonsils out. She took my PET scan results to Children's Hospital, where they care for quite a few Hodgkins patients. She reviewed the scans with the doctors and the radiologists there. All clear, she says. All clear!

Feels good to write that. Feels even better to feel good. It's been more than three weeks since my last chemo treatment, and I'm back. My personality has returned. I'm laughing. I'm moving. My appointments are tapering off. Aside from the double-takes I get when I am out in public thanks to my cancer-crying bandana, things feel almost normal. In fact, I'll be back at work on Monday.

I begin my radiation treatments on Wednesday at noon. I'll be taking my lunch break each day to get zapped. Please pray side effects don't knock me out. I'll keep you posted. 

10 comments:

Jill Ann said...

This is such GREAT news! I've been lurking and waiting to hear the announcement. It's been one long, hard road you endured...but the Doctors healed you.

Congrats! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts though...and here's to having a GREAT Monday at work!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Tara! Jake and I are so happy. Sorry you had to go through this, but it puts life in a different perspective, eh?

Anonymous said...

and you have more hair than my pops!

Unknown said...

Nothing like good news!!!

-brittany- said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!(I am one of Jessica's friends from Chattanooga. I have frequented your site, but can not remember if I have ever left a comment.)

George Costanza-John McCain-You are hilarious!

Jessica said...

Words aren't enough to explain how relieved I am for you. So proud of you for having the courage to hang through all of this. Love you!! And also glad you don't have to have your tonsils out!!

Can't wait to plan a visit!

Corneice said...

Great news! My friend, Annie, also has received a clean bill last week. God is wonderful, isn't he?!

MamaVikWms said...

I'm absolutely THRILLED to hear this news Tara! I can tell your spirits are up and I'm sure that feels good for a change. Good luck with the radiation ... I will keep my fingers crossed that you have NO side effects. You have had enough side effects to last a lifetime! =)

Melanie said...

Feeling good is good. :)

YEAH!!!!!

SadieM said...

Gary from JCI says, "Praise the Lord! This is great news!"