Monday, October 20, 2008

Workin' it.

This morning I woke up, showered, dressed. Was out the door by 8:15 to head to work. Work. My first day back since late June. Walking from the parking lot to the door, I was as nervous as a high school freshman on the first day of school. Could I keep up like I used to? Would I be lost on what is happening now? It had been four months. What all had I missed?

All those feelings left me as soon as I got to my desk. Lots of hugs and laughing, a pot-luck breakfast, flowers and plants and even a poster for my cube (thanks, Christina!). Such a warm welcome back.

In August I surprised even myself when I broke into a cry while telling Dr. Gaeke how much I missed being at work. Who does that? But when you love what you do and work with such genuinely wonderful people, it's hard to be away. (Even harder to be away while being poisoned within an inch of your life. But hey.)

Thanks to everyone at Cinmar who made today so special for me. It feels great to be back. Looking forward to seeing  you all again tomorrow! 

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Aww, glad to hear your first day back went well! I'm not surprised at all by your warm welcome back! Who wouldn't miss having you around?!