Saturday, May 24, 2008

Three tests down.

Not much to report... my back's pretty sore from the bone marrow biopsy the other day. Yesterday morning I had the CT scan and pulmonary test done... those were cake compared with the biopsy the day before.

The CT involved drinking about 20 ounces of nasty grape-flavored beverage and then being injected with the contrast dye. Pretty easy, though I despise needles and fear the nurses who yield them. After that was over, went to the second floor of the same facility to get my pulmonary done. No needles, so it was a piece of pie. Had to breathe into a tube hooked up to a computer while too-cheerful technician, who seemed to be straight from teaching a Lamaze class, coached me. "Big breath in in in in in, hold it...now push it out out out out...good job! One more..." Did that about 20 times, then left the place to enjoy a somewhat normal day visiting my sister, sis-in-law, and my two adorable nephews.

Today it's my cousin's high school graduation party, where no doubt all kinds of people will ask about what's going on. I do appreciate the concern, but repeating everything is tiresome, especially when I don't yet know how far the cancer's spread, what kind of treatment I'll need, all the rest. Would like some normalcy, but it seems that's out the door for awhile. Still working on accepting that. 

Tara

4 comments:

SadieM said...

When people ask you questions, you can say you've had a lot of questions and so you've started a blog; you're hanging in there and going one day at at time (or whatever your outlook is).

Jessica said...

Here's some normalcy for you. Last night I dreamed that Michael and I bought a house from ex-mobsters, and the rest of the mafia was after us. We ended up hiding in a murphy bed from them. Then Michael had a dream that we cloned Reed. Twice. And then had to google how to "determine which baby is the original one vs. the clone," to which we discovered the clone had a scar on his foot.

Anonymous said...

Normalcy's boring. Plus it's hard to blog about. :)
Tara, Aaron and I are really sorry to hear this news. But we're praying and will keep up with your blog. We will pray for you and Graham to have strength and peace through all this. We'll be looking forward to a time when this blog is used for fun updates, and blog no longer serves this purpose. Love you!
-Autumn

Peggy Blake said...

I just want you to know that I think of you DAILY. Your spirit is helping me because you seem to be hanging in there so well by facing it head on. I will think of you often tomorrow, so I hope you feel it!