Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Finally feeling fine.




Susan's helping me with this post. That's right, I named her Susan. And the other one is Derek. (After Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi, my fave blues musicians.)


Well, it's Tuesday before my next round of chemo, and the side effects from round 3 have finally subsided. No more feeling chemical-y, no more arms that feel like I've been hanging upside down on monkey bars for an hour, no more intense thigh pain (though the entire front of my left thigh is still numb), no more intestinal distress. For the most part, I feel like my old self, and it feels SO good. The dishes are done, the washer's going, the house is dusted and swept. Yay! 

I really am dreading round 4 on Thursday. I just don't want to feel all nasty again. But the good news is that after this round I'll get another CT scan and PET scan that will show how my nodes are looking. Let's hope they look nothin' but benign and sexy. Be-fine, even. 

(I did call Dr. Gaeke the other day when I was feeling so crappy, and she upped my dosage of Neurontin to 600 mg per day and made me an appointment with a neurologist. For August 13. A lot of good that will do me then! Sigh. As far as I can tell the Neurontin isn't doing jack, either. Boo.) 



1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad to hear your feeling better! Hope this next round of chemo goes better. Will be praying for some be-fineness in your upcoming tests!

Love ya!